Balkan Physical Union First International Physics Symposium and Festival
Balkan Physical Union First International Physics Symposium
and Festival and INTER-UNIVERSITY PHYSICS PROJECT COMPETITION
(BPU-1 IPSF & IPPC) jointly organized by BPU, Turkish Physical
Society, Yildiz Technical University and Mugla University will
be held in Bodrum, Turkey on 4-6 September, 2007.
The adjoint presidents of the Assessment Committee are Professor
Omer Asim Sacli, Bahcesehir University, Dean of Faculty of Arts
and Sciences and Professor Omur Akyuz, Yeditepe University,
Dean of Faculty of Education. The chairwoman of the organization
committee is Ela Ganioglu, Istanbul University.
The purpose of BPU-1 IPSF & IPPC is to promote friendship and
to create a scientific atmosphere and to motivate Physics
undergraduate students to engage in research projects.
1) BPU-1 IPSF & IPPC is open to all physics undergraduate students
from the Balkans, Europe and other countries.
2) BPU-1 IPSF & IPPC is open for both theoric and experimental projects.
3) The projects should be consistent with undergraduate physics state.
4) It is not obligatory to bring the big project setups.
5) A student can only apply for one project.
6) A project can not be prepared by more than 3 students.
7) The prepared projects should compete for the first time by this
8) Projects will not be accepted after deadline of 6th July 2007 .
9) The expended project abstracts should be prepared according to the
information is given in BPU-1 IPSF & IPPC web page.
Topics of BPU-1 IPSF & IPPC
1) Condensed Matter Physics
2) Nuclear Physics
3) High Energy Physics
4) Atomic and Molecular Physics
5) Astrophysics, Plasma Physics, etc
Prizes will be awarded to the best three projects chosen:
1. prize 3000 USD
2. prize 2000 USD
3. prize 1000 USD
There will also be additional encouragement prizes.
Please forward this announcement to undergraduate students in
Physics and especially encourage your students to attend
the BPU-1 IPSF & IPPC web site is located at :
For further information please contact :
Res. Assist. Ela GANIOGLU (Coordinator)
Faculty of Sciences
Department of Physics
34459 Vezneciler-Istanbul, Turkey
Phone (office) : +90 212 455 57 00 / 15293
Fax (office) : +90 212 519 08 34
President of Balkan Physical Union